Rainy Day Fun
Save these all ages Rainy Day suggestions from local parents!
Download pdf: rainy-day-fun
- We went roller skating at the Palladium. It was a rainy day hit!
- We watched old family videos from the 90s.
- Minute to win it games are always fun
- Play the game Fish Bowl
- Telephone pictionary! always a good laugh! All you need is scratch paper and pens.
- Headbands game. It’s an app. It’s basically charades. OMG this game is the best!
- Alexa has “Song Quiz” and I think Apple has one too. Basically name that tune.
- Cards against Humanity or Kids Against Maturity depending on the age range. Cards against humanity family edition is great too.
- Blow up balloons. Keep them off the floor contest. Silly but easy fun. Have little ones and a tween and this is ALWAYS happening in my house, lol.
- Tortilla Slap challenge can be hilarious.
- Start a puzzle.
- Board games
- Jackbox Games is a party game were everyone logs in to a website and submits their answers and an ai gameshow hosts each game. I think it is fun.
- Movies, baking, homemade face masks, Just Dance videos on YouTube, exercise videos.
- GoNoodle gets kids moving to be their strongest, bravest, silliest, smartest, bestest selves. Sign up for free!
- Card games, Coloring, dress up
- On Pinterest search for “minute to win it” games. You won’t be sorry! Such simple household items can make the best games for groups!
- Balderdash is a great game and ends up being hilarious. You can also DIY it by looking up obscure words on your phone.
- Guesstures is a family favorite when a lot of us get together because it works for all ages and is hilarious. It’s basically charades but fast.
- Make scavenger hunts
- Roller skating at the Palladium, movies, paint pottery.
- Stacking cup races
- Musical chairs
- Wrap a bunch of stuff up in a ball: money, candy etc; Pass it around with timer set for each person.
- Sardines – Reverse hide and seek. So fun when the adults play. How to play.
- Murder mysteries where everyone has to be a character! Free Murder Mystery tParty Game from Ruth Ware https://ruthware.com/murdermysterypartygame/
- Phone app game called Heads Up. We played on NYE, fun for all ages.
- Volunteer at your local shelter or sandbag filling site
- Make your own snow globes – DIY Snowglobes
- Cookoff, just dance video game, yoga, coloring…