What kind and brand of mask is best for children? Local moms share their sources.
- These were recommended to me and I just put in an order – https://n95-masks-for-corona-virus.myshopify.com/…/kn95…
- KN95 Masks – https://n95-masks-for-corona-virus.myshopify.com/
- Not cheap, but I was able to pick up some reusable ones from Vogmask. You can shop by size. The small fits my 4year old and 7 year old – https://www.vogmask.com/
- With omicron, you need a mask that means business – https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/23/1066871176/mask-n95-omicron-contagious
- These were recommended by a couple people, and they are my son’s favorites, Kids KN95 Face Mask – 25 Pack WWDOLL 5-Layer Disposable Kids Masks with Adjustable Ear Loop, Disposable Masks Respirator Protection for Children – https://www.amazon.com/Kids-KN95-Face-Mask…/dp/B08Q8J5MNQ
- Cloth masks are useless against the Omicron variant. I bought kids size KN95 masks on a non-profit site that vets all masks to make sure they are legitimate. For the littlest, I tied a knot in the strings that go around his ears to fit it right. The place is called Projectn95.org
- Enro- xxs for toddlers – https://enro.com/
- Project N95 – The National Clearinghouse for personal protective equipment and COVID-19 tests – https://www.projectn95.org/
I’m a healthcare worker and we heard on our Covid update call this morning that we should be using high quality masks- like an N95 or KN95. The cloth masks are not that effective. At the very least though, you could do a cloth mask over a surgical mask, which is what I’ve been doing, but finding it hard to get my little guy to keep it on. I’ve personally had a hard time finding a good quality mask that fits my sons face well. He’s only 4. A friend recommended Happy Masks, which apparently are hard to get) and another friend recommended Bluna, which you can find on Amazon.
Good fortune everyone. Stay healthy and safe.