Meet the Doulas
September 18 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
One event on May 15, 2021 at 4:00 pm
One event on July 17, 2021 at 4:00 pm
One event on September 18, 2021 at 4:00 pm
One event on November 20, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Meet the Doulas
Meet the Doulas is a great opportunity to learn about birth and postpartum doulas. Join us at this free event for an informative afternoon. This event is open to everyone- no matter where they plan to birth – home or hospital or birth center, in Santa Cruz, Watsonville, Monterey, or San Jose area.
The presentations begins at 4pm, if you are running late, you are welcome to join us, but please note, this is not a drop-in event. Meet the Doulas usually ends by 6.
2021 Saturday, Jan. 23, March 20, May 15, July 17, Sept. 18, and Nov. 20, – 4pm
VIRTUAL ZOOM EVENT UNTIL COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS LIFTED
* Panel presentation about Birth Doula and Postpartum Doula services
* Time to interact with doulas and learn some “doula tricks of the trade.”
Registering for free tickets in advance helps us better plan for the event.
Registration is free – your donation makes helps make that possible.
Studies show having a Doula at your birth:
- results in a shorter, smoother labor
- creates a more positive birth experience
- reduces need for medical interventions such as pain medications and epidurals
- reduces requests for pain medications
- reduces postpartum depression
- results in greater success in breastfeeding
Benefits of a postpartum doula:
- Eases transition to motherhood
- Increases confidence in breastfeeding
- Increases successful breastfeeding
- Reduces postpartum depression
- Increases parenting skills
- Mothering the mother nurtures the family