8272 Moss Landing Road
Moss Landing, CA
Our Jr. Trainer program is for children ages 9-16 (as young as 7 if they participate with a parent) who are serious in their interest of animal care and training. This allows people to experience what it’s really like to work with sea lions, not just an interaction program like other places may offer (although it’s still fun and exciting!).
Jr. Trainers receive personalized attention designed to give them a feel for what it’s like to actually care for, work with, and train sea lions. They learn animal care, feeding, husbandry skills, and much more!
- Includes a sea lion kiss with a photo for you to keep
- Available year round, 7 days a week (multiple days do not have to be consecutive)
- May be scheduled for 1-5 days at a time.
- Hours are 8:30am to 3:00pm
- Scheduled on a first come, first served basis, with no more than 2 participants at a time for personal attention. (Summer is the busiest time, so early reservations suggested)
- $50.00 non-refundable deposit required to reserve dates ($100 deposit required for summer months of June – August)
- Balance of fee due by first day
1001 Rodriguez St.
Santa Cruz CA
Our Critter Camp provides fun learning experiences in different week-long sessions for 1st – 3rd graders and 4th – 6th graders, held Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Campers meet guest speakers from animal welfare professions and get to know a wide variety of animals.
There are behind the scenes shelter tours and animal-themed arts and crafts projects, including art that helps showcase pets waiting to be adopted. Campers will learn about animal shelter design and create their own dream Shelter. Through engaging activities, children learn about being responsible stewards, both for animals and the world around them.
SCCAS’ summer camp fosters understanding, respect and empathy toward all living beings. All proceeds from this program benefit our county’s only Open Admission Shelter, serving animals in need in our community.
Please contact Erika Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org (831) 454-7229 with any questions!
June 15-19 – children entering 1st through 3rd grades
June 22-26 – children entering 1st through 3rd grades
July 6-10 – children entering 4th through 6th grades
July 13-17 – children entering 4th through 6th grades